How far along?: 27 weeks 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: 25 lbs. :O, measured Monday at doc appointment!
The Bump: Filling out on top? I hope? I’ve been a low-carrier throughout this entire pregnancy, waiting for the pretty, round bump to show up soon!
What I’m excited about/looking forward to: maternity shoot with my cousin this weekend! And officially hitting the 3rd trimester mark in a few days!
Maternity Clothes: no new clothes and I don’t plan on investing any more money into maternity clothes if I can get away with it. After seeing all the photos of maternity clothes I’ve purchased, I want to make sure to keep it at a minimum this third trimester. I’m not sure how my bump growth will be, but hopefully I’ll be able to make do with what I’ve got right now…
Symptoms: tired, low back pain, tight chest, full belly uneasiness, stuffy nose – though I think that’s just fall allergies, not pregnancy-related etc.
Last week, I had a bit of a scare when I had unexpected, painful Braxton Hicks contractions. It was the first time I called the dr and had a mini-mama panic attack thinking it might be pre-term labor symptoms. Luckily, it has since subsided and Dr confirmed at my appt on Monday that alls well. Must’ve just been baby switching positions/digestive issues. **WHEW**
Belly Button in or out?: belly button in (and really hasn’t changed yet at all), rings barely on, and no stretch marks yet. But, I’m not getting my hopes up, most mama friends didn’t get there stretch marks until way into the 3rd trimester!
Food Cravings/Aversions: No aversions, though I really haven’t been a huge fan of chicken/eggs ever since the nausea period of 1st trim.
Milestones: Hitting the 3rd trimester in a few days!
Bump Pic: 27 weeks 3 days
SECOND TRIMESTER BUMP PICS:
(First 7 weeks)
(Second 7 weeks)
Overall 2nd Trimester Ups/Downs:
- I can’t believe I thought I had a belly in the first half of the first trimester. While I was definitely gaining weight (I’m up 25 lbs TOTAL! EEK!), I think because of my height/long torso (5’7″), I’ve spread the love as far as weight distribution goes and didn’t become noticeably belly bumpable until week 20, and even then it depended on what I was wearing. I tapered off in the last few weeks of the second trimester as far as belly size and shape. But, now that third trimester is right around the corner, I can feel and see another growth spurt!
- This trimester started off amazing! I wasn’t feeling sick and had a HUGE burst of energy in the first half. I think it’s the kick that helped me get so much done with the nursery (with the help of Mr.Dubs of course!) But, in the last few weeks, I’ve been napping more (not as often as first trimester), but at the same time have trouble “sleeping in.”
- The first half of the trimester was annoying because I had a few weeks of nonstop constant bathroom trips, but that also weaned and in the latter half, heartburn has taken over as my new best frienemy.
- The first half of the trimester flew by! The anticipation of our anatomy scan at week 19 made it go by so fast! Then I hit a lull around week 23, where 3rd trimester seemed close, but still far away. I guess the first trimester seems long because you’re paranoid about making it to 12-14 weeks, but in actuality it’s only 8-10 weeks depending on when you got your BFP. Second trimester was a full 14 weeks of counting down, which I’m sure added to the pause for me.
- All in all, I think I’ve had a very “average” first and second trimester. While I have my low points, (believe me I can’t stand the weight gain and not being able to breathe in this summer heat!), I’m fully aware that I’ve been blessed as far as bad pregnancy symptoms go! I only pray that this luck continues throughout my last trimester.
- I can’t believe we are in the last trimester!… 9 more weeks until Full-Term, potentially 12 or less until Baby Boy Dubs! EEEK!
Week 27 (Now)
Week 8 (Then)